Nordic skiing is a total body movement, where arms with the poles and legs are used for propulsion. The entire torso and shoulder muscles play a stabilizing and dynamic function. For this reason cross-country skiing uses more muscle groups than almost any other sport. As the principal movement is sliding, cross-country skiing is a particularly low impact sport which simultaneously trains a number of coordination skills such as balance, rhythm, etc. Cross-country skiing is even ideal for strengthening the cardiovascular system. From children to senior citizens, this sport can easily be learned and practiced.
The motion by cross-country skiing is basically possible in two styles: the classic technique and the skating technique. The classic technique is run along parallel grooves, the skating technique on smooth surfaces. Skis with scales or grip wax (hard wax or Klister) are required for the leg kick in the classic technique. For the skating technique shorter skis are used, which are prepared solely with a gliding wax.
As an introduction to cross-country skiing the classic technique is usually preferred. If experience of skiing, ice skating or in-line skating is present, it is possible to start with the skating technique.
Diagonal stride, skating or double pole – three cross-country techniques that play an essential part of learning cross-country skiing. We offer you courses, held by our certified instructors, who will advise you on how to perfect your techniques while being surrounded by the picturesque landscape of Galtür.
- 3 half-days group lesson(2 hours per day), at least 4 people
- 2 hours, 1,75 hours or 1,5 hours private course
Nordic Cruising allows the sport enthusiast to cut his way on his own through the unspoilt landscape on well-groomed cross-country runs. Furthermore, this type of sport is ideal for those fascinated by the beauty of snow-covered landscapes as well as those looking for rest and relaxation.
Advantages of Nordic Cruising:
- Nordic Cruising stimulates 95 % of your muscles
- ideal cardiovascular training
- improvement of coordinative abilities and training of both hemispheres by working together simultaneously
- tensed upper body muscles (from unhealthy sitting postures in everyday life) are relaxed, loosened and trained
- outdoor endurance sport increases fat burning
- strengthens the immune system and contributes to stress reduction
The round and smooth movements of Nordic cruising are an ideal training for all ages.